Recipe: Perfect Falafel Wraps
Falafel Wraps. A falafel wrap is essentially a falafel sandwich rolled in bread. The bread used can vary from a pita that's been opened up and is rolled to shrak, a flat, flat bread to a tortilla. A falafel wrap brings together all the best flavors that will surround your favorite falafel recipe.
The ingredients for a falafel wrap are fresh and simple. You can find a great recipe for Vegan Falafel here. We've just taken the traditional falafel wrap and given it a new twist by blending Trazza's moist and crispy falafels with other fresh ingredients before gently enfolding them in layers of lettuce and soft pita. You can cook Falafel Wraps using 33 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Falafel Wraps
- You need of For the Falafel (Pakoras).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chana dal or Kabuli channa soaked overnight and drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Green Moong dal soaked and drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of mint leaves chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of dhania leaves chopped.
- You need 3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece adrak.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of jeera powder (cumin powder).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper powder.
- It’s 2 pinches of soda.
- You need as needed of After grinding add lots of Suva (dil leaves).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of To be mixed into dressing.
- It’s of Make green Chutney using.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dhania leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pudina leaves.
- It’s 3 of green chillies.
- You need of Grind all the ingredients to make green Chutney.
- It’s to taste of Add salt.
- You need 3 cups of yoghurt (dahi) mixed lightly with blender.
- You need of For Salad:.
- It’s 1 cup of cabbage chopped.
- Prepare 4 of medium Tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare as required of Dhania leaves chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper powder.
- You need as required of Shredded lettuce.
- You need of For the wraps :.
- It’s as needed of Use Lebanese rotis or Pita bread or u can make thin rotis.
- It’s of For homemade rotis :.
- You need 1/2 cup of maida.
- It’s 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Spoon the tahini sauce onto the flatbread and top with the falafel and avocado, then scatter with the herbs, squeeze over the lime juice and add the chilli sauce. Once the oil is hot, and add the raw falafel balls in it and shallow fry these until they turn crunchy and brown on both sides. Now, onto the tortilla, place the lettuce leaves and sliced onions and chopped avocados. Once done, place the fried falafel over this and then top this up with garlic mayonnaise.
Falafel Wraps instructions
- For the Falafel (bhajias) combine chana dal, mung dal,adrak,Mirchi and grind using little water..
- After grinding add chopped dhania, chopped phudina, salt,jeera powder pepper powder, soda – bi- carb..
- Mix ever well and make small flat round of the Falafel mix.Fry them in oil until they turn brown in colour.Take down in a kitchen tissue..
- Mix maida and wheat flour. Add salt and make dough. Make thin rotis from the dough and roast on Tawa.
- For the Curd dressing: Mix lightly yoghurt with a blender and mix green Chutney as required as per your taste..
- For the wrap: Take Lebanese rotis or Pita bread or homemade roti.
- Spread the Curd dressing on it..
- Spread little salad over it.Place Falafels (bhajias) 3-4 on it..
- U can place tomato slices and shredded lettuce if u wish..
- Now roll the wrap and serve immediately with Curd dressing..
- Originally Lebanese use tahini dip instead of Curd dressing..
- My version of making the wrap is with Curd dressing.U can get ready made tahini dip from the shops..
- Tastes Yummy.Serve the Falafel wraps as soon as u assemble it..
Carefully roll up the stuffed tortilla. Take a wrap and spread about a tablespoon of hummus in the middle section of it. Layer the lettuce, onions, cucumber, three falafels and some pickled turnip or radish. Fold over the sides to overlap in the middle and wrap with unbleached parchment paper and twine or just hold with your hands and enjoy! When summers are around and you go on picnics with friends and family, the hummus falafel wrap can be made quick when you have the ingredients handy.