How to Make Tasty Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Falafel
- Prepare 400 g of can of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need Handful of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil (to fry).
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- Drain and pat dry the chickpeas..
- Place all ingredients except the oil in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth..
- Shape into small patties with your hands..
- Fry in a non-stick pan with the oil for approx 3mins on each side..
- Serve with pittas, green salad and tomato salsa..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water. Fry falafels until golden, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season immediately with salt. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern dish typically made from a combination of ground chickpeas, herbs, spices, onions, and dough. Though it contains many healthy ingredients, it's typically..