Recipe: Yummy Falafel with pita bread and spicy yoghurt #zoomfalafel
Falafel with pita bread and spicy yoghurt #zoomfalafel. Falafel is stuffed in pita bread with salad and sauce. Take pita bread and heat over the skillet on medium high heat both sides lightly. Slice the pita bread from center in half take one part.
Falafels is a popular Middle Eastern snack. Chickpea balls fried and sliced between pita bread along with dipping sauce. I made mine with green cowpeas and they turned out amazing just like the actual falafels. You can have Falafel with pita bread and spicy yoghurt #zoomfalafel using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Falafel with pita bread and spicy yoghurt #zoomfalafel
- You need of To make the falafels.
- You need 1 cup of Green cowpeas, boiled and drained.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped.
- You need of Fresh curry leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (optional).
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of gram flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oil to shallow fry.
- You need of To make pita bread.
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s of Lukewarm milk/water for kneading.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for frying.
- It’s of To make the spicy yoghurt.
- It’s 100 ml of thick yoghurt.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1 of green chili, chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Cut the Pita Bread in half, spread some hummus and spicy sauce (optional) on the bread, add some fresh chopped tomatoes and cucumber drizzled with some olive oil, add lettuce and finally the homemade falafels. Top the sandwich with green or black olives. Optionally, can add some yoghurt sauce as well. Stuff with lettuce, tomato and cucumbers and drizzle yoghurt sauce generously on the inside.
Falafel with pita bread and spicy yoghurt #zoomfalafel instructions
- TO MAKE FALAFELS:.
- In a food processor, put green cowpeas, onion, coriander, curry leaves,salt, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, gram flour, and garlic. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated..
- Form balls. Dust lightly with gram flour..
- In a fry pan, shallow fry the falafel balls on medium heat until golden brown. Remove and place them on a plate lined with kitchen towel..
- TO MAKE PITA BREAD:.
- In a large bowl, put flour, sugar, salt yeast and oil. Mix well. Add milk and knead to form a soft dough. Cover with kitchen towel or cling film and put it on a warm place to proof..
- When the dough has proof, divide into 10 equal size balls. Roll the ball using a rolling pin to 1 inch thick. Let it proof for 2 minutes..
- On medium heat, put a skillet pan and the pita bread. When bubbles form, turn the bread, apply some cooking oil and cook until nicely brown. Remove from the skillet pan and put on a plate lined with kitchen towel..
- TO MAKE SPICY YOGHURT:.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl..
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Cut the pita bread into two halfs. Open the pita bread and spread the spicy yoghurt, sprinkle some onions (you may add finely chopped tomatoes and lettuce) add the falafels balls. Add some more yoghurt and ketchup or chili sauce..
- Serve warm. ENJOY 🌹.
Add a spoonful of tabouleh salad to the pita for flavor and texture. Make pitas with baba ganoush, roasted vegetables, and hummus. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add yogurt and stir to combine (the yogurt's acidity ensures a tender texture). Transfer dough to a lightly floured work.