Recipe: Perfect Easy Falafel Burger(baked)(gluten free PATTY)
Easy Falafel Burger(baked)(gluten free PATTY). The chickpeas are a great source of protein making this a healthy addition to your table. The day before, place dried chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with water. These pair perfectly in your go-to mediterranean favorites like hummus, olives, anything!
Swirl to coat pan, then add falafel. A simple Chickpea burger with falafel flavors, tahini dressing, pickles, lettuce and other fixings. This falafel burger uses cooked chickpeas, cumin, coriander, cardamom, parley, lemon and a binder and comes together within minutes. You can have Easy Falafel Burger(baked)(gluten free PATTY) using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Falafel Burger(baked)(gluten free PATTY)
- It’s 1 cup of soaked chick peas (soak overnight).
- You need 1 cup of parsley rough chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro rough chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1/2 of onion rough chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot pepper minced. *optional.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 TBS of chick pea flour (for gluten free).
- You need of or 2TBS AP flour but will NOT be gluten free if used.
- You need optional of Dill yogurt sauce (just mix together).
- It’s 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry dill weed.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic.
Place the burgers evenly across the baking sheet, making sure each burger has some room around it. First for a gluten-free option, just Shape the falafel into patties. You can make them the same size as burger patties and place them directly on a pre-greased baking tray or baking sheet or you can use a mini round baking tin. Don't press the paste hard on them so they stay fluffy.
Easy Falafel Burger(baked)(gluten free PATTY) step by step
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Add herbs garlic onion to processor until a fine chop.
- Add soaked chickpeas, flour baking powder and spices and process until nicely pulsed into a slightly chunky “dough” shouldn’t be mushy but fine enough to form patty shapes.
- Form patties.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add some oil of your choice to sheet pan rub a little to the top of patty so it doesn’t dry out too much.
- Bake for 10-13 mins until one side is nice and brown flip to bake other side the same way.
- Add to bun of your choice and add any toppings you like !.
In a food processor, blend the onion, garlic, and olive oil. Next, add the fresh herbs, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Blend well, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary. Place each falafel on your oiled pan. For extra crispy Falafel, spray the balls with some oil or a nonstick cooking spray before baking.