Recipe: Yummy Falafel & Veggie wrap
Falafel & Veggie wrap. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel & Veggie wrap using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Falafel & Veggie wrap
- It’s 1 of Wrap or Tortilla Wrap.
- It’s of Main ingredients.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Hummus.
- It’s 1 tbsp of of Mango Chutney OR 3 Sundried Tomatos. Not both..
- It’s 4 of Falafels.
- Prepare of Veggie blend.
- Prepare 200 grams of Spinach (cooked & shredded).
- Prepare 200 grams of Carrots (grated).
- You need 1 bunch of Coriander to taste (optional).
- Prepare of Optional Cheese.
- It’s 100 grams of of soft cheese like Feta or Goats' cheese is best for this recipe. Cheddar and similar cheeses also work well..
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel & Veggie wrap step by step
- Spread Hummus and, if using, Mango Chutney..
- Add veggie blend and Sundried Tomatos, again if using..
- You can warm the Falafels according to packet instuctions, but I prefer not to. Otherwise, wrap and heat for 30 odd seconds in a microwave. Enjoy!.
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.