Recipe: Delicious Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can cook Falafel using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Falafel
- Prepare 2 cup of Kabuli Chana (soaked).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of coriander leaves with stem.
- Prepare 10-15 of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tspn of Jeera.
- It’s 1 tspn of Black pepper.
- Prepare 5-6 of green chillies.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of roasted Besan.
- Prepare As required of Oil to fry.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel step by step
- Take Soaked Kabuli Chana, coriander, onion, garlic, jeera, and pepper. Grind it coarse. Add salt and roasted besan. Mix it well and keep it in the fridge for 2 hours..
- Take it from the fridge and give it a ball shape. Deep fry it on medium flame..
- Serve hot with Hummus..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. El falafel es una mezcla triturada de garbanzos hidratados en agua con cebolla, ajo y diferentes hierbas y especias. Esta masa se bolea, se fríe en abundante aceite y se sirve, generalmente, con.