Recipe: Appetizing Falafel recipe – with indian twist
Falafel recipe – with indian twist. Falafel is a famous vegetarian recipe of Egypt and Middle Eastern countries. It is made of Chickpeas, herbs, all-purpose flour and spices. It is deep-fried balls or patty made with ground chickpeas, spices and herbs into it, I have made an Indian version for the same recipe, especially to make it more tangy and delightful, as Indian spices make the recipes more sumptuous.
Add chopped cilantro, dried parsley, green onions, breadcrumbs and salt, and mix well. The traditional recipe uses raw chickpeas, which are ground along with other ingredients. In a grinder, add the chickpeas and all other ingredients. You can have Falafel recipe – with indian twist using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel recipe – with indian twist
- You need 2 pinch of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Kalonji or Mangrail, Black Caraway, Nigella,.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- You need 6 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander Leaves.
- It’s 2 pieces of Green Chilli As per your taste.
- You need 1 Cup of Chickpea Soaked for 12 hrs and drained.
- Prepare 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour (Maida).
Now, dont raise your eyebrow, I know what you are thinking, well.well. I am learning to take some good photo shots and currently being obsessed with food photography. A bit of lemon juice mixed into the batter really makes the flavours pop. I served it on top of a simple salad drizzled with my favourite Lightened Up Lemon Tahini Dressing, but feel free to stuff it in a doughy pita, wrap, or even make a falafel burger.
Falafel recipe – with indian twist instructions
- Take one cup of Chickpea Soaked for 12 hours and drain the water..
- Take all the spices along with chopped onion, garlic, coriander leaves..
- Pour all the ingredients in grinding jar along with half a cup of water..
- Take the mixture in a bowl and give it round or any shape as per your interest..
- Deep fry the Falafel, it is ready to be served..
Once you think the oil is hot, drop a small pinch of batter in the oil, if it comes instantly to the top and starts to sizzle- the oil is hot and ready. Use a cookie scooper to loosely scoop batter and drop it into the oil. Discard the water and rinse them well. Process together chickpeas, cumin, coriander, pepper, cayenne, salt, onion, garlic, parsley and flour to a coarse mixture. Using wet hands, create walnut-sized balls of the bean mixture and pop them on the tray.