Recipe: Tasty Falafel Sandwich
Falafel Sandwich. Freshly fried falafel balls, pickled vegetables, herbs, greek yogurt, and a quick and easy lemon garlic tahini dressing are stuffed into a warm pita and drizzled with hot sauce if desired. Heat a grill pan until hot. Place in food processor along with cilantro, parsley, onion, cumin, cayenne, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
After Alex and I had the best falafel of our lives, we've spent years trying to re-create the magic. One of the most quintessential and beloved of Middle Eastern foods is the falafel sandwich, a warm pita bread stuffed with crispy hot falafel balls, surrounded by cool and crunchy diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, and drenched with nutty tahini sauce. Use a fork to crush the falafel open over the sandwich. You can cook Falafel Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel Sandwich
- Prepare 100 grams of Channa Boiled Kabuli -.
- It’s 20 grams of Coriander -.
- It’s 20 grams of Leeks (green part only) -.
- You need 10 Grams of Parsley -.
- It’s to taste of Salt -.
- You need 2 grams of White pepper powder -.
- You need 3 grams of Soda bi – carb – (if you want them a little fluffy) Oil – to frys.
This allows the falafel to soak up all the flavors and toppings of the sandwich. Pile up the falafel with tabouli salad, red onions, fresh mint and finish off with a squeeze of lemon juice. Place half the chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add to bowl of chopped chickpeas; add egg.
Falafel Sandwich instructions
- Grind all together into a somewhat grainy texture, better to do in a stone grinder like we do for dosa batter..
- Heat oil and fry even sized round dumplings, till they are of same color on all sides, do not over fry or they can turn bitter..
- Open a pita bread into a pocket, stuff 3 or 4 crushed falafels, some french fries, a couple of slices of fried brinjals, a salad of lettuce and grated carrots, salt, cumin powder, paprika and squeeze in some Tahini, to make it hot, add some tabasco, and kids love it with a generous squeeze of ketchup also..
- Roll it up and there you go…brekky / snacky on the move..
The most common way of serving falafel is as a falafel sandwich with pita bread. As a Sandwich: To make a mean falafel sandwich, garb some warm pita pockets, load them with falafel, drizzle with tahini and add fresh greens (like arugula), fresh diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickles. On a brunch board: Serve your flalafel with an array of fresh veggies, cheese, and dips like I have don't on my brunch board. Falafel Sandwiches Falafel sandwiches are one of the most popular Middle Eastern street foods. Falafel which is vegan and fried is quintessential for an Arabic brunch.