How to Cook Yummy Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel
- It’s 1 cup of – Chickpea.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of – Refined Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of – Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 of /2cup – Onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – Chopped Green Chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – Fresh Coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of – Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of – Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of – Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of – Chat Masala.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of – Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Oil for frying as per requirements.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- Wash and soak chickpea over night..
- Now take all ingredientes in blender and blend it. Now add refined flour and soda mix well..
- Now take small portion and make balls..
- Heat oil in a wok and fry them. Falafel is ready to serve..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.