Recipe: Yummy Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel
- You need 2 cup of Chickpeas.
- You need of Onion 1 large.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coriander.
- Prepare 3-4 of Hari mirchi.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- You need of Black pepper1tsp.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Soda.
- It’s of Coriander powder1tsp.
- You need 1 tsp of Zeera.
- You need 4-5 of Garlic.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Bread crumb or maida.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel step by step
- Soak chickpead for 5to 6 hrs, strain the peas and add all the ingredient,except bread crumb or maida, and soda, mix well.
- Grind the mixture and add maida or bread crumb and soda and mix well, and make patties with wet hands, and place all in a plate.
- Heat oil in apan, add the patties and let it cook on low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes on both sides, and dishout, serve with mayonise.1.
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.