Recipe: Tasty Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. Falafel (/ fəˈlɑːfəl /; Arabic: فلافل , [fæˈlæːfɪl] (listen)) is a deep-fried ball or patty-shaped fritter made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both. You can cook Falafel using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Falafel
- Prepare 400 g of can of chickpeas.
- You need 1 of small red onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s Handful of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil (to fry).
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- Drain and pat dry the chickpeas..
- Place all ingredients except the oil in a food processor and blend until fairly smooth..
- Shape into small patties with your hands..
- Fry in a non-stick pan with the oil for approx 3mins on each side..
- Serve with pittas, green salad and tomato salsa..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. El falafel es una mezcla triturada de garbanzos hidratados en agua con cebolla, ajo y diferentes hierbas y especias. Esta masa se bolea, se fríe en abundante aceite y se sirve, generalmente, con.