Recipe: Tasty Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Falafel
- It’s 1 cup of chickpeas (soaked overnight).
- Prepare 1 cup of parsley or coriander.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 2 of green chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Water to make paste.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- Add all the ingredients into a chopper or juicer blender and blend together to make a thick paste. Add just a little water at a time..
- Then add 1 tbsp heaped of the paste into medium heated pan and deep fry..
- Fry till nice brown in colour and serve with Hummus or in any sandwich or with Pita bread..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. El falafel es una mezcla triturada de garbanzos hidratados en agua con cebolla, ajo y diferentes hierbas y especias. Esta masa se bolea, se fríe en abundante aceite y se sirve, generalmente, con.