Recipe: Perfect Beetroot Falafel Sandwiches
Beetroot Falafel Sandwiches. Toast the pita bread in the oven or in the toaster. Spread beet hummus on both sides, stuff with baby spinach and falafels. This twist is delightful with the sweetness of the beetroot and the crunchiness of chickpeas.
Pulse until the mixture comes together but it doesn't need to be a smooth paste. Serve the beet falafel on top of a bed of greens with quinoa, cucumber, tomato, olives, hummus, tahini, and a drizzle of Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. In a large skillet set over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil, without browning. You can cook Beetroot Falafel Sandwiches using 27 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beetroot Falafel Sandwiches
- You need 1 cup of Chick peas or Kabuli chana.
- You need 1/2 of Beetroot(grated).
- You need 1 of medium Onion(chopped).
- It’s 2-3 of Garlic pods(chopped).
- It’s 2 of fresh red Chillis(chopped).
- Prepare 1 bunch of Coriander leaves(chopped).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Sesame seed paste(Tahini).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sumac powder.
- You need as required of Roasted Sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Chick pea flour or Besan.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need As needed of Vegetable oil to deep fry.
- It’s of For spread or condiment.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Sesame paste/tahini.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cream Cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dry Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sumac.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- You need as required of Pickled vegetables like carrot, cucumber, jalapeño etc.
- You need As per requirement of Few lettuce (shredded).
- It’s as required of Thick Yoghurt.
- You need as required of Some Brown bread.
Add chickpeas, beets, breadcrumbs, eggs and tahini. beetroot falafel taste. This beetroot falafel is a fabulous recipe suitable for vegans. It combines the earthy flavours of the beetroot with the traditional flavours of the falafel. That being said, overall, beetroot falafel tastes almost identical to the ordinary falafel you would find at a falafel stand.
Beetroot Falafel Sandwiches instructions
- Place all the ingredients mentioned in the falafel section except besan, sesame seeds and vegetable oil..
- Grind to a coarse paste. Use very little water to ease the grinding process. The mixture should be very thick..
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and then add in chickpea flour/besan. Mix well..
- Now make small patties from the mixture..
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds to the falafel patty..
- Make all the patties and sprinkle sesame seeds..
- Deep fry them in medium heat until golden brown and crisp..
- Transfer to a kitchen towel..
- Make a spread/condiment with sesame paste, mayo, cream cheese, dry coriander leaves, salt and sumac..
- For sandwiches toast brown bread as required. Spread some prepared condiment..
- Add in lettuce leaves and onions..
- Place beetroot falafel on the bread along with some pickled vegetables..
- Top with some thick yoghurt and then serve immediately..
You can quite easily make these Vegan Falafels with Beetroot into small Beetroot Falafel Burgers. Test them and give them a few more mins if they needs it. Then you are good to go. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and blitz them together. Shape small falafels (I used an ice-cream scoop) and line them on a baking tray, covered with baking parchment.