Recipe: Perfect Falafel and hummus
Falafel and hummus. Falafel with Hummus Falafel makes a great appetizer when paired with hummus for dipping. For a quick meal, serve atop a salad or inside pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and a drizzle of tahini. Falafel and hummus both are chickpea-based foods, but have some key differences.
Think creamy, herby falafel, roasted red pepper hummus, and fresh tzatziki sauce. At Kossai and Reem's core is a love for and loyalty to the authentic Mediterranean diet in all of its healthy and tasty glory. It was out of this love that Hummus & Falafel was born and that they open their arms to welcome you into their new space in Allendale. You can have Falafel and hummus using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Falafel and hummus
- You need of For falafel.
- Prepare 1+1/2 cup of white chickpeas.
- It’s 3-4 tbs of ginger garlic chilli paste (chilli and ginger optional).
- Prepare 2 tbs of roasted coriander +cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped parsley/ coriander.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- You need 2 of medium size onion (cut into 4 pieces).
- It’s of For hummus.
- It’s 200 gm of boiled chickpeas/ can.
- Prepare 3-4 tbs of tahini (readymade).
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s as required of Olive oil.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare as per taste of Red chilli powder (garnish).
Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Place the lettuce leaves on the tortillas, next spread some hummus in the center, then add the hot falafel. Next, top it with tomatoes, onions, and Tabasco sauce and fold into a wrap and serve immediately. Difference between Falafel and Hummus Key difference: Falafel and Hummus are both Middle Eastern foods prepared using Chickpeas as their prime ingredient.
Falafel and hummus step by step
- Wash chickpeas 2-3 times and soak for 12 hrs (12 hr soaking is necessary)..
- Then drain and rinse them. Add chickpeas and all the ingredients to a food processor (use only food processor). Pulse the food processor but do not blend completely. Keep the final mixture coarse to get the perfect texture. Don’t make fine paste.(don’t add water).
- Now transfer this mixture into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.put this mixture into refrigerator for 2-4 hrs..
- Now make equal size balls.fry falafel on medium flame for 2-3 mints until it turns golden brown..
- Falafel is ready..
- For Hummus..There are two options. Option 1: If you aur using ready can of chickpeas….Mix all ingredients + 2 tbs olive oil. Make a fine paste. Garnish with olive oil and red chilli powder. Make a smooth fine paste…texture of hummus should be smooth..
- Option 2: If you aur using soaked and boiled chickpeas (homemade).. drain chickpeas and add all ingredients. Make a smooth paste. Add olive oil. you can add little water( removed from above boiled chickpeas. Note : for tahini – make a smooth paste of roasted sesame seeds + olive oil.
- Serve falafel with hummus..
The difference between them is that Hummus is a ground paste of select chickpeas combined with olive oil, spices and herbs. Whereas Falafel means a deep fried ball made of ground chickpeas. Welcome to Falafel en Hummus A small restaurant in the city center of Den Haag (The Hague). We serve delicious food that's all vegetarian and mostly vegan. We believe that food is more than nutrition.