Recipe: Tasty Egyptian Falafel Recipe
Egyptian Falafel Recipe. Place fava beans in large bowl and cover with several inches of water. Put the fresh herbs in a food processor (parsley, dill, coriander/cilantro) and mix for a few seconds. Cut the red onion in quarters and add to the mix, as well as the garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and cumin.
My dad and his family is from Cairo, and my mother's side is from Alexandria so we use both names, interchangably. Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet or a cast iron skillet. Transfer to a paper lined plate. You can have Egyptian Falafel Recipe using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egyptian Falafel Recipe
- Prepare of ta3meyah.
- It’s 1 cup of white broad beans.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking oda.
- It’s 1 tsp of flour.
- It’s 5 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 5 bunch of coriander.
- It’s 5 bunch of drill.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of electric blender.
- You need 5 bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of leak stalk.
Falafel is quick to prepare and suitable for vegetarians. If using fresh beans allow them to soak overnight. The next day, drain the chickpeas (or fava beans) and mix in a food processor until smooth. In a food processor, puree the fava beans, garlic, salt, cumin, and baking powder with scallion greens, parsley, and cilantro.
Egyptian Falafel Recipe step by step
- Directions: 1. If using fresh beans, soak overnight in cold water. If using tinned beans, empty into a sieve and rinse thoroughly.2. Chop the onions, garlic and leek and place in a mixing bowl.3. Pull the leaves from the sprigs of dill, coriander and parsley and add to mixing bowl.4. Add the flour, baking soda, cayenne pepper, cumin and salt to the bowl. Please note that if using tinned beans you will need to add less salt than if using fresh beans.Recommend you add ½ a tea spoon initially and then add more as required to taste after blending.5. Add the beans to the mixing bowl and blend into a green paste. Then gentle kneed. If two moist add a little flour, if too dry add a couple of spoons of water.6. Heath the oil until it is bubbling.7. With a wet spoon shape the mix into flat discs 4cm x 2 cm. Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds and add to the hot oil. The falafel is ready when it has turned brown on the outside. If you find your falafel is breaking apart upon contact with the oil.
- If you prefer the way it tastes in Jordan, Syria or Israel use chickpeas instead of broad beans. If you’re feeling experimental, use a mix of the two for a tasty combination. Add fresh chilly to the mix for additional spice.Falafel also makes great veggie burgers. Use the same recipe to make large burger shaped discs and cook in the oven or under the grill..
Form the falafel mixture into a ball, dip in toasted sesame seeds, and flatten. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm. Blend vegetable and lentil mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Falafel is probably one of the most popular Egyptian dishes known to man. This fava bean-based treat is epic!