Recipe: Perfect Quick falafel pitas
Quick falafel pitas. Falafel is usually tucked into pocket pitas, and then the toppings are added on top. This kind of pita tends to crumble easily, however, and can often be too dry. I prefer to use Greek pita bread or Indian naan which both provide a sturdier base, as they have no air pockets.
Serve falafel by itself, or with warm pita bread with veggies, or tahini sauce. Can You Replace All-Purpose Flour with Chickpea Flour Use a cookie scoop to shape the falafel and drop gently in the oil. Place on a plate lined with paper towel and repeat. You can cook Quick falafel pitas using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick falafel pitas
- You need of Pita.
- You need of Yoghurt + lemon.
- Prepare of Salad.
- You need of For the falafel:.
- You need of Chickpeas.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Parsley.
- You need of Coriander.
- You need of Cumin.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Assemble by cutting the pita in half. Falafel is an ancient and still very famous street food, and this version adds lots of fresh parsley for a green tint to the delicious fried balls. Some falafel calls for fava beans or chickpeas, but I have opted for the latter here. I have left it a suggestion as to what you like to top your pita with– there are really no wrong ways to do it!
Quick falafel pitas instructions
- Chop onion and garlic. Put in food processor with chickpeas. Don't completely puree onion – want some crunch and not the liquid to be released or falafel will be sloppy.
- Empty food processor into frying pan and add all other falafel ingredients. Fry like bubble & squeak..
- While it fries, prepare salad leaves, and toast pita..
- Spread yoghurt inside pita with lemon juice mixed in. Add falafel and salad leaves..
Serve warm with garlic-dill sauce or hummus, inside a pita or naan, and with desired toppings or atop a bed of greens. Extra-virgin olive oil, for coating the falafel For serving: Tahini paste, tahina (see note) and/or store-bought hummus and flatbread or pita Position an oven rack in the second-highest position. Add onion and pulse just to combine. Dry the chickpeas on paper towels. Place the onions and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.