How to Prepare Delicious Yellow pea falafel
Yellow pea falafel. Pour off the water and rinse thoroughly. Add the yellow peas to a food processor with the green peas, onion. parsley, bouillon, paprika and tahini. Healthy, baked falafel, made Swedish -style with yellow split peas!
Cover with glad/cling/plastic wrap and set aside overnight on the bench. The next day, drain and rinse the split peas. Yellow pea falafel Malin Morgan @malinkihallon Sweden. You can have Yellow pea falafel using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yellow pea falafel
- Prepare 250 g of dried yellow peas.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle paste.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock, dissolved in a bit of hot water.
- You need 1 handful of parsley (or 1 tsp dried).
- You need 2 of heaped tsp peanut butter.
The flavors and textures of these two legumes combine to create a tender, crispy falafel that the whole family will enjoy. Drain well, then put half into a food processor. Add the chickpeas, flour, garlic, cumin seeds, peanut butter or tahini, parsley, lemon zest and plenty of seasoning. Whizz the ingredients to a paste, adding a splash of water if it looks too crumbly.
Yellow pea falafel instructions
- Soak the peas in plenty of water for at least 8 hours. Drain and put in a blender together with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until you have a nice and smooth mixture..
- Roll the mixture into balls, depending on size there will be about 20-25 balls. Bake in the oven at 225 degrees for 15 minutes..
It should easily break when pressed with your fingers. Presoaking them helps reduce the cooking time even more. For Split Green Peas Falafel, I highly recommend presoaking and cooking lentils ahead to save your time. Yellow split peas can also be cooked until they're very tender, and then drained and pureed with some olive oil, garlic and herbs for a tasty hummus-like dip. Another great use for cooked yellow split peas is falafel.