Easiest Way to Make Tasty Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Falafel
- You need 1 cup of Chickpeas.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 4 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Coriander leaves -.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Oil – for deep frying.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- Drain the water and add chickpeas to a food processor along with all the other ingredients except oil and grind. The mixture should not be very smooth a few crumbs here and there are alright..
- Simultaneously, heat oil for deep frying and fry the prepared balls in batches till a nice golden colour appears. Serve hot..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.