Recipe: Tasty Pina Colada Cupcakes
Pina Colada Cupcakes.
You can cook Pina Colada Cupcakes using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Prepare of Cupcake.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of light brown sugar.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of unsalted butter melted.
- It’s of egg, at room temp.
- You need of pineapple juice.
- You need of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of Frosting.
- It’s of unsalted butter, softened to room temp.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of heavy cream, half-and-half, or coconut milk.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of coconut extract.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
Pina Colada Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside..
- Make the cupcakes: In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk in egg, pineapple juice, coconut milk, and vanilla extract until combined..
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no lumps remain. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting..
- Make the frosting: In a medium bowl, beat the softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Turn mixer off and add confectioners' sugar, cream, vanilla, and coconut extracts. Mix on low for 1 minute then increase to high speed and beat for 3-4 full minutes. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin or more cream if frosting is too thick. Add salt if frosting is too sweet (I usually add 1/4 teaspoon). Frost cooled cupcakes. There may be leftover frosting depending how much you use on each cupcake. I used a Wilton #12 piping tip. Decorate cupcakes with coconut, pineapple slices, and/or a cherry..
- Store cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days and in the refrigerator up to 4..