How to Make Tasty Sponge cake
Sponge cake. Sponge cake is a light cake made with egg whites, flour and sugar, sometimes leavened with baking powder. Sponge cakes, leavened with beaten eggs, originated during the Renaissance. Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe – British Classic – Recipes by Warren Nash.
We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages. Flour, eggs, fat and sugar are combined and baked to form a light. You can have Sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sponge cake
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of eggs separated.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of warm water (half cup).
- You need of vanilla ess.
A sponge cake is a lighter version of a traditional cake and doesn't include any type of shortening or fat in its recipe. However, sponge cake recipes typically call for more eggs than traditional cake recipes. This is a wonderful light sponge cake, flavored with coffee and a hint of chocolate. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers.
Sponge cake instructions
- Beat egg whites till stiff leave aside.
- Beat together sugar,water, oil, egg yolks and vanilla until foamy..
- Fold in egg whites to foamy mixture..
- Preheat oven on 180° degrees.
- Grease oven tray or cake tin pour mixture into tray place in preheated oven bake for 1\2 an hour..
- After baked leave to cool decorate as desired..
- Suggestions for icing Butter icing White chocolate ganach Glace icing.
Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside. Sponge cake is one of the oldest known sweet goods. Along with angel food cake, it belongs to the category of “foam cakes.” It's very popular around the world, probably because of their short list of. An exceptional yet simple Vanilla Sponge Cake made with pantry staples. Browse our fabulously light sponge cake recipes, including the classic Victoria sponge, foolproof chocolate sponge and more.