Recipe: Delicious Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can cook Falafel using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel
- It’s 1 cup of soaked chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 of medium onion mince.
- Prepare 3 of garlic pods.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of soda bicarbonate.
- It’s 2-3 of green chilli.
- You need As needed of Oil for frying.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- In a jar add chickpeas, parsley, coriander leaves, onion, garlic, soda bi carb and grind it together..
- Transfer the mixture the bowl and salt and mix the mixture properly..
- Heat oil on a medium flame and shape the mixture into a pattie and fry them in the oil until they turns golden brown..
- Falafel is ready. Serve it with hummus..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.