Recipe: Yummy Roasted Beetroot Falafels
Roasted Beetroot Falafels. Ahead of time: Slice the rough neck/top off the beetroots and discard. When done, take out and leave to cool until you are ready to make the falafels. Add the beet, chickpeas, garlic, tahini sauce, flour, parsley and cumin to a food processor.
It combines the earthy flavours of the beetroot with the traditional flavours of the falafel. That being said, overall, beetroot falafel tastes almost identical to the ordinary falafel you would find at a falafel stand. BEETROOT FALAFELS Line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper. You can cook Roasted Beetroot Falafels using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Beetroot Falafels
- You need 3 of beetroots.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves.
- Prepare 250 g (2 cups) of cooked chickpeas.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 heaped teaspoon of ground cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
Process until the mixture is uniformly and finely chopped. A longer resting time makes it easier to form the falafels. Place the cooked beets in the food processor. I bought cooked beets, but you can cook your own.
Roasted Beetroot Falafels instructions
- Slice the rough neck/top off the beetroots and discard..
- Chop the remaining beetroot into cubes. Bake in the oven on a baking tray for about 45 minutes on a high heat..
- When done, take out and leave to cool until you are ready to make the falafels..
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until everything has broken down..
- It doesn’t need to be pureed completely, just broken down into tiny pieces so that when you compress, everything binds together..
- Roll into balls. Press the balls down into mini patty shapes..
- Place onto a grill tray and grill on a medium/low heat for about 8 minutes on each side. (You can also bake these in the oven as an alternative to grilling)..
- Serve right away with your favourite dip or Hummus..
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, garlic cloves, lemon juice, parsley, almond flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cumin. You can quite easily make these Vegan Falafels with Beetroot into small Beetroot Falafel Burgers. Test them and give them a few more mins if they needs it. Then you are good to go. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for just a couple of minutes until bright green.