Recipe: Delicious Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
In most parts of the Middle East, falafel is made with ground chickpeas. However, in Egypt, we make it with dried fava beans. They are best served with pita bread, tomato, onions, and tahini sauce. You can have Falafel using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Falafel
- Prepare 2 cup of chickpeas soaked overnight.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of parasley or cilantro or both.
- You need 3 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of redchili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of gram flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Oil to deep fry.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel step by step
- Make a fine paste of soaked chickpea without adding water..
- Add all ingredient listed above. Adjust gram flour to bind everything together..
- Make equal size portion of a lemon size and make a small ball or flat them..
- Deep fry till they get golden brown on medium to high flame..
- Serve hot with hummus as snacks or serve with pita bread garnish with onion lemon juice, tomato, lettuce, and hummus..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.