Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, soft and smooth japanese sweet potato cakes【recipe video】. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have soft and smooth japanese sweet potato cakes【recipe video】 using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】:
- Take 1 of large sweet potato, 470 g (16 oz).
- Make ready 50 g of (1.76 oz, 1/4 cup) granulated sugar.
- Take 30 g of (1oz, 1/7 cup) unsalted butter.
- Get 10 g (1/2 Tbsp) of honey.
- Take 1 of egg yolk.
- Get 50 g of (1.8 oz, 1/5 cup) heavy cream.
- Take 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- Make ready of ■For brushing on the cake.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Take 1/2 tsp of rum.
- Get of honey.
- Make ready of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Instructions to make Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】:
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/flYdb3k2sgQ.
- Wrap a sweet potato with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake it at 190℃ / 374 F for 60-70 mins (no need to preheat). Bake it until soft enough to insert a skewer smoothly..
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. (net weight; about 380g / 13.4 oz).
- Transfer the sweet potato flesh onto the mash sieve and strain it by pressing with a spoon or spatula. Preheat an oven to 200℃ / 392 F..
- Add granulated sugar, unsalted butter, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla oil in order, mix well each time until combined..
- Add heavy cream in 3-4 parts and mix well each time until combined..
- Divide it into 9 equal and use your hand to form each like sweet potato shape. Put them on a baking tray. (Depending on the water content of the sweet potato, the batter may be too soft for you to shape by hand. In that case, use a spatula or a spoon to put the batter on a baking tray and bake as it is.).
- Put egg yolk and 1/2 tsp rum in a small bowl. Mix well until combined. Brush the surface of 9 pieces with the egg mixture..
- Bake it at 200℃/ 392 F for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Brush freshly baked cakes with honey (optional). It's all done!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food soft and smooth japanese sweet potato cakes【recipe video】 recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!