Mayo-less Egg Salad.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, mayo-less egg salad. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mayo-less Egg Salad is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Mayo-less Egg Salad is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mayo-less egg salad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mayo-less Egg Salad:
- Make ready 1 of large egg.
- Take 1 tbsp of hummus.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Get 1/8 tsp of cayenne or chili powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of onion, finely minced.
- Make ready 1 leaf of coarsely chopped lettuce.
- Make ready 1 bunch of green salad OR 1 pc. toasted rice bread / tortilla.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of olive oil (optional).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of shredded mozarella cheese (optional).
Steps to make Mayo-less Egg Salad:
- On a small pot, fill with water about 5-6 cups (just enough to cover egg). Bring water to boil. Place egg on a spoon or laddle to submerge it at the boiling pot of water and turn down heat to medium. Let egg boil for 8 mins. Turn off heat, and let the egg rest on pot for at least a minute..
- While the egg is boiling, toast your rice bread or rice tortilla, OR alternatively prepare your vegetables for salad..
- While the egg is resting on pot, chop half of a small onion then place them on a small bowl. On the same bowl add hummus, dijon mustard, cayenne / chili powder, and olive oil (optional). Set it aside for a bit..
- Fish out the egg from pot using laddle or spoon. Cool it through running water until bare hands can handle it. You don't want it too cold — we want its heat to melt mozarella a bit for later..
- De-shell the egg (careful it might still be hot) and place it on the same bowl of the premade mixture. Coarsely mash it, add shredded mozarella, then add 1 leaf chopped lettuce. Mix them well..
- Serve the egg salad mix as toasted bread toppings, or as salad dressing. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mayo-less egg salad recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!