Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, potato-apple cheddar pancakes. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have potato-apple cheddar pancakes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes:
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes (or 3 medium will do).
- Get 2 of apples ( I used Fuji for this recipe; use any type. Granny Smith, Red delicious etc.).
- Take 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 of green onion scallions chopped thinly.
- Get 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Get 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Get 1 of oil for frying ( olive oil, canola).
- Prepare 1 of sour cream for topping.
Steps to make Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes:
- Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water. Peel, and then rinse your potatoes. Grate by hand your potatoes; or with your food processor grater. Place grated potatoes immediately into bowl of cold water. Repeat same steps with your 2 apples; peel, grate and place into bowl of cold water with potatoes. So to keep them from browning..
- Drain grated potatoes and apples. Press as much water as you can from mixture. In medium bowl mix grated potatoes/apples, onion, cheese, eggs, flour, salt, white pepper, cayenne and cajun seasoning. Stir to combine..
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Drop dollops of batter (about 4) into pan. Press down on potato batter to form small pancakes, leave some space between so you can flip them. Fry both sides until a nice golden to medium brown. You may add more oil to pan in between batches if needed..
- If pancakes seem oily place them onto a paper towel..
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream or a hollandaise sauce..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food potato-apple cheddar pancakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!