OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】 is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】 using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】:
- Take 250 g (8.8 oz) of thin sliced pork belly.
- Take 400 g (14 oz) of cabbage, about 1/2 heads.
- Get 6 stalks of scallion.
- Make ready 40 g (1.4 oz) of red pickled ginger.
- Get 10 leaves of perilla leaf.
- Make ready 4 of eggs.
- Take of oil for frying.
- Take of Okonomi-yaki batter.
- Take 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) of boiled water.
- Get 2 tsp of Japanese soup stock (dashi), granule type.
- Get 200 g of (7 oz, 1.6 cups) cake flour.
- Take 1.5 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 2 tsp of dried bonito powder (optional).
- Take 150 g (5.3 oz) of Japanese yam.
- Get of Topping (adjust to suit your taste).
- Prepare of okonomiyaki sauce (savory pancake sauce, It's kind of similar to barbecue sauce.).
- Take of mayonnaise.
- Take of dried green nori flakes.
- Prepare of dried bonito flakes.
- Prepare of 1cup=235cc(USA).
Steps to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake)【Recipe Video】:
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/u59j7GmSckc.
- 【For Okonomiyaki batter】Put 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water in a bowl and add Japanese soup stock, stir well. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside..
- Grate Japanese yam into a large bowl. Pour the prepared stock in it while stirring. Sift dry ingredients over it..
- Mix well until smooth. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or more to bring out the ''umami''(savory taste) of the flour..
- 【Prepare other ingredients. 】Chop cabbage into about 1 cm (0.4'') square. Chop the core of cabbage into fine pieces. Cut stalks scallion into small pieces. (You should wipe off moisture after you wash vegetables, before cutting them.).
- Cut leaves perilla leaf into small pieces. Chop red pickled ginger into fine pieces..
- 【Cook it with a frying pan.】Put one serving of the batter and vegetables in a bowl (1/4 each). Add an egg and mix roughly..
- Heat a frypan on medium-low heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Pour the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm (0.8'') thick..
- Cook it for 3 mins on medium heat. Gently lay about 1/4 of the pork belly slices on top of the pancake. When golden brown on the bottom, flip it and cook the other side..
- Cook it on medium heat for 4-5 mins until golden too or pork belly gets crispy. Please don't push down on the okonomiyaki in the pan to get a fluffy pancake. Flip it again, warm it on low heat and then turn off the heat..
- 【Toppings】Apply okonomiyaki sauce with a spoon or brush, add mayonnaise in zigzagging lines, and sprinkle dried green nori flakes and dried bonito flakes. Please try freshly cooked OKONOMIYAKI!.
- Notes: If the time has passed after putting cabbage into the batter, the water in the cabbage will come out and the batter will become watery. If the batter becomes watery, the cooked okonomiyaki won't get fluffy, so when cooking, it's better to mix the batter and vegetables just before cooking..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake)【recipe video】 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!