Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, egg tart. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Egg Tart is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Egg Tart is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook egg tart using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Egg Tart:
- Make ready of 🥚 Crust.
- Get 130 g (1 cup) of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 84 (6 tbsp) of cold unsalted butter, cubed.
- Prepare 34 g (5 tbsp) of powdered or icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready of 🥚 Filling.
- Make ready 40 g (3 tbsp) of granulated white sugar.
- Take 75 ml (5 tbsp) of hot water.
- Make ready 45 ml (3 tbsp) of milk.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Get 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Steps to make Egg Tart:
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, place flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Rub the butter into the dry mixture with our fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Alternatively, we can use a fork or pastry blender..
- Add the yolk and mix until it comes together and forms a ball..
- Transfer onto a cling wrap. Cover and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- To make custard filling: In a small bowl, stir sugar with hot water until completely dissolved. Set it aside to cool..
- In a medium pouring jar, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed. Add the sugar syrup and whisk again to combine..
- To get a smooth custard, strain the mixture twice. First into another bowl, then back into the pouring jar..
- Assembly: On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a thickness of 3/4-inch (0.5 cm)..
- Using the same size cookie cutter as the tart mold, cut as many circles as possible from the dough. I used 2¾-inches (7 cm) tart mold and cookie cutter..
- Gently press each cut-out into the tart molds..
- Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork for about 10 times. These holes will allow steam to release from the dough while baking and prevent it from puffing up..
- Pour the custard filling into the tart shell. Fill each up to 75%..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of custard can stand on its own. If the custard filling cooks too quickly and bubbles up, open the oven door a little for about 10 seconds..
- Remove tartlets from the shells once cool. Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food egg tart recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!