Swiss Chard Tart.
Hey everyone, The first thing that you need to learn is the different terminology you’ll discover in recipes actually means. There are lots of fresh and at times foreign sounding terms you may find in common recipes. These terms may mean the difference in recipe success or failure. You need to be able to find a good section in virtually any inclusive cook book that explains different definitions for unknown speech. If you’re not absolutely sure what’s meant with”folding into the eggs” it is in your best interests to look it up. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, swiss chard tart. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Swiss Chard Tart is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Swiss Chard Tart is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook swiss chard tart using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Swiss Chard Tart:
- Prepare 1 of here is a link for a great tart dough recipe…. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/recipe/basic-tart-dough.html.
- Get 1 bunch of Swiss chard.
- Take 1 medium of onion finely chopped.
- Take 1 of lemon.
- Get 1 of egg beaten.
- Take 1/2 cup of half n half.
- Get 1 cup of white cheddar cheese shredded.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Make ready 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Get 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Steps to make Swiss Chard Tart:
- Prepare tart dough recipe, it Doesnt have to be the link I provided. Just make sure your dough goes into a spring form pan. It will be so much easier to cut and serve. A tart pan is fine as well. If you can find frozen tart shells, by all means give it a go..
- Prepare your swiss chard…Wash and chop the leaves. Chop the stems into finer pieces and put in separate bowls. Set aside..
- In a large sautee pan, add onions and swiss chard stems to oil and cook for about 10 min until softened. Add garlic and cook for just 30 seconds..
- Add swiss chard leaves, salt to taste, pepper and the juice of half the lemon. Watch out for those seeds! Cook for about 5 min..
- Remove from heat and let cool. Drain any excess liquid from swiss chard mix through a strainer..
- To a food processor, add swiss chard mix, 1 beaten egg, parmesan, shredded cheese, and half and half. Pulse a few times to incorporate. You still want it somewhat chunky. I've omitted this step of the food processor before and it was still great, just more texture was in the tart. You could combine everything with a spoon or by hand..
- Pour mix into prepared crust and bake for 45 to 50 min at 350°F..
- When the tart comes out it should be set, top with a sprinkle of more cheddar if you'd like. Makes it look pretty. Let cool for about 15 min before removing the sides of a spring form pan and slicing into. Pie like cuts is the suggested serving. Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side to drizzle over..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food swiss chard tart recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!