Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce).
Hello everybody, The first thing you want to understand is the different terminology you will find in recipes actually means. There are lots of brand new and sometimes foreign sounding terms you may find in recipes that are common. These terms may mean that the difference in recipe failure or success. You need to be able to find a fantastic section in virtually any inclusive cook book which explains the different definitions for unfamiliar speech. If you’re not absolutely sure what’s meant with”folding in the eggs” it really is in your best interests to check it up. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, cabbage menchi katsu (with grated onion sauce). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have cabbage menchi katsu (with grated onion sauce) using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce):
- Get 300 grams of Ground pork or ground beef.
- Get 3 of leaves Cabbage.
- Make ready 1/2 of Onion.
- Make ready 1 of Egg.
- Take 200 ml of Panko.
- Prepare 60 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
- Make ready 1 of Frying oil.
- Take of Easy 2-Step Batter (Recipe ID: 1364962).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Take 8 tbsp of Cake flour.
- Make ready 5 tbsp of Water.
- Take 1 of Panko.
- Prepare of Grated Onion Sauce.
- Take 150 ml of Water.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Get 3 tbsp of Mentsuyu (3x concentrate).
- Take 2 tsp of Your favorite grilling sauce (or Worcestershire-style sauce).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Grated onion.
- Get 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
Steps to make Cabbage Menchi Katsu (With Grated Onion Sauce):
- [Grated Onion Sauce] Combine all the ingredients except for the katakuriko slurry in a pot. Once it comes to a slight boil, add the katakuriko slurry to thicken..
- [Easy 2-Step Batter] Crack the egg open into a bowl and beat. Add the cake flour and water and mix well..
- Finely chop the cabbage, rub in the salt, and let sit for a bit. Finely chop the onion. Add the panko and milk and let soak..
- Combine the meat, egg, the Step cabbage (wring out the moisture), the Step 3 onions, the Step 3 panko, salt, and pepper in a bowl and knead well with your hands..
- Divide Step 4's meat mixture into 6 cm diameter, 1 cm thick patties and arrange in a small pan..
- Dredge Step 5 in the batter from Step 2. (If you grip it with chopsticks, it will probably crumble, so get enough batter on it so that it doesn't break when picked up.).
- Coat both sides of the meat from Step 6 with panko in a bowl..
- Heat the oil and fry Step 7 in it. Transfer to a plate and top with the grated onion from Step 1..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cabbage menchi katsu (with grated onion sauce) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!